- Each definition of each word has been carefully reviewed and, where deemed necessary, revised.
- A system of cross-referencing between related Greek words has been introduced.
- As a didactic, mnemonic, and phonetic device, compound words are divided by small upright lines.
- The maps of the UBS Greek New Testament are included.
- A sampling of some Greek NT words that share similar meanings is included as an appendix to the dictionary.
About the Author
Dr. Barclay M. Newman was Chair and Chief Translator of the Contemporary English Version (CEV) of the Bible, first published in 1995 by the American Bible Society, then in 2006 by G.P. Putnam’s Sons (Penguin Books) as Seek Find: The Bible for All People. He was a member of the Old Testament Committee for the Good News Bible (Today’s English Version) published in 1976 by the American Bible Society (ABS), and he chaired the revision that was published by the ABS in 1992 as the Good News Translation.
Publisher: Hendrickson Publishers
Publication Date: 2010
ISBN 10: 1598566490
ISBN 13: 9781598566499