Desiring God DVD Study Guide: Finding Complete Satisfaction and Joy in God
"The first edition of this book profoundly influenced my life. I am delighted to commend the tenth anniversary edition."See All
"The healthy biblical realism of this study in Christian motivation comes as a breath of fresh air. Jonathan Edwards, whose ghost walks through most of Piper's pages, would be delighted with his disciple."See All
J. I. Packer
"The communion of a longing soul and a satisfying Christ is at the center of God's plan. Piper makes this overlooked, contradicted, trivialized, and sentimentalized message clear and compelling. Desiring God is a classicnow it's even richer."See All
"...a modern manual of true spirituality."See All
R. C. Sproul
"Aside from that day in 1960 when I trusted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, the most important thing I ever did in life, at least in terms of spiritual development, was to read, in 1986, Desiring God by John Piper."See All
Associate Professor of Theology, Wheaton College
Limited Stock Title: This is a ‘Last Chance’ title. Once we run out of stock this title will no longer be available on our site. It is therefore non-returnable. In the event we are not able to fulfill this part of your order it will be canceled automatically. The remainder of your order will ship according to our regular schedule.
Free Downloadable Resources
The Pursuit of Pleasure Is Not Optional. It Is Essential
This study guide companion to the DVD version of Desiring God, the classic explanation of Christian hedonism by John Piper—will help individuals and groups understand that the supreme calling of life is to "glorify God by enjoying Him forever."
The DVD and this guide create an ideal package for adult and youth Sunday school classes, small groups, retreats, classrooms, families, as well as for individual study.
Topics for this 12-session guided group study include:
- One Great Mission and Motivation
- A Summary of Christian Hedonism
- The Foundation of Christian Hedonism
- The Essence of Christian Hedonism
- The Grand Obligation (Part 1): Commanded to Rejoice
- The Grand Obligation (Part 2): An Essential Element of Faith and Worship
- The Grand Obligation (Part 3): Holy Hedonism Is Love
- The Grand Obligation (Part 4): The Strength for Sanctification and Service
- How Then Shall We Fight for Joy? (Part 1): Know Its Sources and Setbacks
- How Then Shall We Fight for Joy? (Part 2): Make Use of the Means of Grace style="margin-left:25px;">
Complete with Scripture, key quotations for reflection, penetrating questions, and five daily assignments per week, this study guide will help you understand why God’s pursuit of His glory and your pursuit of joy are not at odds,because God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him.
Also includes a Leader's Guide and 6-session intensive track option.