Science and Faith: God and Materialism (Westminster Conference DVD)
Nelson, Paul; Gonzalez, Guillermo; Poythress, Vern; Richards, Jay; Wells, Jonathan; West, John
Sample Excerpts from the DVD:
Are human beings and the rest of nature the result of purposeful design or undirected matter and energy? What is the actual scientific evidence for a materialist worldview? Does materialism help or hinder the operation of good science? And what impact has materialism had on culture, including Biblical studies and theology? Explore these questions and more through this multiple-DVD set featuring more than 10 hours of presentations from the Westminster Conference on Science & Faith: God and Materialism, held at Westminster Theological Seminary in Philadelphia in April 2011.
The conference sessions examine the conflicting worldviews of theism and materialism; the widespread impact of materialism on science, ethics, society, Biblical studies and theology; the latest scientific evidence against materialism and for intelligent design in biology and cosmology; and the positive implications of modern science for theism.
3 DVDs | 10.5 Hours
Recorded in April 2011
Speakers include:Westminster Theological Seminary Faculty
- Dr. Vern Poythress, author of Redeeming Science
- Dr. K. Scott Oliphint, author of Reasons for Faith
- Dr. Jeffrey Jue, author of Heaven Upon Earth
- Dr. Brandon Crowe, lecturer in the New Testament
- Dr. Peter Lillback, author of George Washington’s Sacred Fire.
- Dr. Guillermo Gonzalez, co-author of The Privileged Planet: How Our Place in the Cosmos is Designed for Discovery
- Dr. Jonathan Wells, author of The Myth of Junk DNA and The Politically Incorrect Guide to Darwinism & Intelligent Design
- Dr. Paul Nelson, co-author of the textbook Explore Evolution
- Dr. Jay Richards, editor of God & Evolution: Protestants, Catholics and Jews Explore Darwin's Challenge to Faith
- Dr. John West, author of Darwin Day in America: How Our Politics and Culture Have Been Dehumanized in the Name of Science