Study Guide for Women Sex Is Not the Problem (Lust Is): Sexual Purity in a Lust-Saturated World (Study Guide)
Harris, Joshua; Harris, Shannon
The Story Behind the Book:"I was preparing a message on lust when I realized that the book I wanted to consult hadn’t been written. That book would make it clear that only Jesus Christ can free us from the hopeless treadmill of shame and guilt that so many well-intentioned people end up on. It would instill a love for holiness and a hatred for sin without dragging the reader’s imagination through the gutter. And it would be for both men and women, because I’ve learned that lust isn’t just a guy problemit’s a human problem."See All
"Sex Is Not the Problem (Lust Is) offers help and hopenot just for those who are dealing with sexual lust, but for anyone besieged by temptation of any kind."See All
Nancy Leigh DeMoss
Author, Host of the Revive Our Hearts radio program
Celebrate Purity Overcoming lust is a process that requires diligent focus and accountability from others, and these in-depth guides help establish both. They're designed for a variety of settings, from one-on-one accountability partnerships to Sunday school classes. "Sex Is Not the Problem (Lust Is) "made the statement that lust is a human problem (not just a guy problem) and that Jesus can free anyone from its power. Going further, these gender-specific study guides feature questions and discussion starters that directly address the temptations unique to men and women. These resources are a must-have for anyone challenged to defeat lust and celebrate purity in their lives.
Each of the ten small-group sessions includes:
- Easy Review: A quick chapter summary makes review simple.
- Discussion Questions: Questions that serve as icebreakers, and then lead to deeper discussion and personal application.
- Accountability Follow-Up: Questions to help check each other's progress in a truthful and caring setting.
- Meditate and Memorize: Key Scriptures that will help women gain victory over lust.
- Custom-Tailored Action Plan: Women will be led in a step-by-step formulation of an Action Plan, uniquely tailored to combat their specific battles.
Published December 2005
About the Author
Joshua Harris lives outside Washington, D.C., in Gaithersburg, Maryland, where he is a pastor at Covenant Life Church. His greatest passion is preaching the gospel and calling his generation to wholehearted devotion to God. Joshua and his wife Shannon have two children, Emma Grace and Joshua Quinn.