Teaching Little Ones Vol. 4: Promises (CD-ROM)
Limited Stock Title: This is a ‘Last Chance’ title. Once we run out of stock this title will no longer be available on our site. It is therefore non-returnable. In the event we are not able to fulfill this part of your order it will be canceled automatically. The remainder of your order will ship according to our regular schedule.
Teaching Little Ones is a six-year syllabus of Sunday School lessons for young children by Stephanie Carmichael, author of Their God is so BIG. There is a great deal more information than we can fit on this product page at the Teaching Little Ones web page.
Recommended for Ages: 5-8
40 Lessons on CD-ROM
On each CD-ROM there's virtually everything you'll need for one year (that's 40 weeks) of lessons—including lesson plans, story scripts, action rhymes, prayers, activities and craft ideas. You won't have to worry about recurring licence fees or buying workbooks—once you have bought this CD, your church can use the lessons year after year. The material is provided in Adobe PDF format so you can distribute individual lessons to teachers via email, allowing them to prepare in advance and print off only the sheets they need.
This is the first part of a syllabus designed for 5 to 8-year-olds. In this set of units, the lessons are linked together under the theme of ‘Promises’. This theme covers how God makes promises in a covenantal relationship with his people, the Israelites, and now with all who believe in his Son.
The lessons look at the key promises made to Abraham, and how God keeps his promises in the Old Testament through Abraham's family, and then, later, as the Israelites enter the Promised Land. Abraham is briefly looked at in ‘Introducing the Bible’ (for ages 3-5), but here the lessons focus on the promises. The lessons also look at Jesus and how God made promises in the Old Testament which are fulfilled in Jesus. Children also look at Psalm 145 and learn about God's character and how he is faithful to his promises.
The other two years covered in this 5-8 year age group are Kingship and Salvation.
If your Sunday School has this age group (5-8 years or the first three years of school) together in one class, then the three-year syllabus can be covered cyclically over the three-year period while children are in the class (Promises one year, Kingship the next, Salvation the next and then back to Promises). Each child will cover the three years of the syllabus in a different order depending on when they join the class. If the children are in separate classes for each year of school, then the first year of school can do Promises, the second year of school Kingship and the third year of school Salvation.
In all three years, there are lessons on God's word, prayer, living God's way, and missionaries.
Unit 1: God's promises and Jesus
- God keeps his promises - Psalm 146:6 | Sample Lesson
- Jesus makes a deaf man hear - Mark 7:31-37
- Jesus makes a blind man see - Luke 18:35-43
- Jesus heals a leper and a cripple - Luke 5:12-13, 13:10-13
- Jesus makes a dead man alive - Luke 7:11-15
- Jesus is God's promised Son - Luke 7:18-23
- Jesus speaks of his death - Mark 10:32-34
- Peter and the disciples - Mark 14:27-72
- Jesus' death - Mark 14:53-65, 15:1-39
- Jesus' resurrection - Mark 16:1-8
- God's promises to Abram - Genesis 11:26-12:9 | Sample Lesson
- Abram and Lot - Genesis 13:1-18
- Abraham and Isaac - Genesis 15-21
- Isaac and Rebecca - Genesis 24
- God's promises to Abraham—revision - Genesis 12-26
- Isaac and Rebecca, Esau and Jacob - Genesis 25:19-28
- Jacob and Esau—part 1 - Genesis 25:27-34
- Jacob and Esau—part 2 - Genesis 27:1-40
- God's promises to Jacob - Genesis 28:1-5, 10-15
- Jacob's sons—revision - Genesis 25, 27, 28, 32, 33, 35:23-26
- Pray at all times - 1 Thessalonians 5:17 | Sample Lesson
- Be thankful - 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18
- Praying for others - 1 Thessalonians 5:17; 2 Corinthians 1:11
- Leaving Egypt - Exodus 1-16
- The Israelites disobey - Exodus 20:1-6, 23; 24:12-18; 32:1-33:6
- God stays with his people - Exodus 32:15-19; 33:14; 34:1-40:38
- The Israelites disobey, again - Numbers 11:4-35; 13:1-14:9, 20-35, Joshua 1
- Rahab and the spies - Joshua 2
- Getting across the Jordan - Joshua 3, 4
- Getting into Jericho - Joshua 6, 21:43-45
- Jesus is the ‘Yes’ to God's promises - 2 Corinthians 1:19-20 | Sample Lesson
- Jesus is God's promised king - Isaiah 9:6-7, 49:6, Luke 1:26-33
- God's people are forgiven by God - John 3:36, 1 John 1:8-2:2
- God's people live with Jesus as their king - John 3:16, 36, 6:28-29
- God's people are promised eternal life - 1 John 2:25, 5:11-12
- God's people love - 1 John 3:11, 4:7-12, 16, John 13:34-35
- God's people forgive - Matthew 18:21-35, Colossians 3:13
- A promise to Mary - Luke 1:26-33
- God's promised Son is born - Luke 2:1-7
- A promise to the shepherds - Luke 2:8-20
About the Author
Stephanie Carmichael is a trained teacher with a long experience of Sunday Schools. Her seminars on Sunday School teaching and ministry to children have been enthusiastically received in venues across Sydney. She is married to Ian, and they live in Sydney with their children Lauren and Glen.