Teaching Little Ones Vol. 5: Kingship (CD-ROM)
Limited Stock Title: This is a ‘Last Chance’ title. Once we run out of stock this title will no longer be available on our site. It is therefore non-returnable. In the event we are not able to fulfill this part of your order it will be canceled automatically. The remainder of your order will ship according to our regular schedule.
Teaching Little Ones is a six-year syllabus of Sunday School lessons for young children by Stephanie Carmichael, author of Their God is so BIG. There is a great deal more information than we can fit on this product page at the Teaching Little Ones web page.
Recommended for Ages: 5-8
40 Lessons on CD-ROM
On each CD-ROM there's virtually everything you'll need for one year (that's 40 weeks) of lessons—including lesson plans, story scripts, action rhymes, prayers, activities and craft ideas. You won't have to worry about recurring licence fees or buying workbooks—once you have bought this CD, your church can use the lessons year after year. The material is provided in Adobe PDF format so you can distribute individual lessons to teachers via email, allowing them to prepare in advance and print off only the sheets they need.
This is the second part of a syllabus designed for 5 to 8-year-olds. In this set of units, the lessons come under the theme of Kingship. The lessons look at kings in the Old Testament, and how some obeyed God and others disobeyed God. In particular, the lessons focus on King Saul, King David and King Solomon.
King David was previously introduced in Introducing the Bible (for ages 3-5). However, the way David is studied in Units 2 and 4 of this syllabus is different in emphasis. These lessons look at how David is a successful king because God was with him, and how he failed, by sinning and disobeying God. So even though David was a great king, he wasn't a perfect king.
Everything then leads up to Jesus as the perfect king. While all the other kings failed, Jesus is the King of kings.
The other two years covered in this 5 to 8 year age group are Promises and Salvation.
If your Sunday School has this age group (5-8 years or the first three years of school) together in one class, then the three-year syllabus can be covered cyclically over the three-year period while children are in the class (Promises one year, Kingship the next, Salvation the next and then back to Promises). Each child will cover the three years of the syllabus in a different order depending on when they join the class. If the children are in separate classes for each year of school, then the first year of school can do Promises, the second year of school Kingship and the third year of school Salvation.
In all three years, there are lessons on God's word, prayer, living God's way, and missionaries.
Unit 1: Saul
- The Bible tells us about kings - 1 & 2 Samuel, 1 & 2 Kings
- Who is king? - 1 Samuel 7:15-8:22
- God chooses Saul - 1 Samuel 9:1-26
- Saul becomes king - 1 Samuel 10:17-25
- Saul disobeys God - 1 Samuel 13:5-14, 14:47-15:34 | Sample Lesson
- King Saul—revision - 1 Samuel 8, 9, 10, 15
- The next king - 1 Samuel 16:1-23
- Jesus is God's Son - Matthew 9:35, 12:9-14, 22:34-40
- Jesus goes to Jerusalem - Matthew 21:1-11, Luke 19:28-38
- Jesus is alive - Matthew 26-28 | Sample Lesson
- David and Goliath - 1 Samuel 17:1-51
- King David - 2 Samuel 5:1-12, 8:15
- God's promises to David - 2 Samuel 7
- King David disobeys - 2 Samuel 11:1-12:18
- King David—revision - 1 Kings 2:1-4
- Solomon's wisdom - 1 Kings 3:1-16, 4:20-34, 5:12
- The temple - 1 Kings 5-8:21
- Solomon's visitor - 1 Kings 10:1-13
- Solomon's disobedience - 1 Kings 9:1-9, 11:1-13
- King Solomon—revision - 1 Kings 3-11
- Some kings didn't obey God - 1 Kings 15 and 16
- Some kings did obey God - 2 Kings 22 and 23
- The promised king - 2 Samuel 7:12-16; Isaiah 9:6-7, 11:1-5
- The King of kings - Revelation 1:5, 17:14 | Sample Lesson
- A servant king - Philippians 2:6-7, John 13:1-17
- The greatest name - Philippians 2:9-11
- Jesus is king in God's kingdom - Matthew 13:31-32
- Our king - Matthew 13:44
- We learn about Jesus from the Bible - 2 Timothy 3:14-17
- Missionaries tell people about Jesus - Luke 24:47, Acts 1:8, 28:31
- What we say - Proverbs 15:26, 16:24, 21:23
- Important things to remember - Proverbs 15:3, 28:25
- Being a friend - Proverbs 17:9, 17, 24:26
- Jesus teaches us to pray—part 1 - Matthew 6:9-10 | Sample Lesson
- Jesus teaches us to pray—part 2 - Matthew 6:11-13
- Jesus teaches us to love - Matthew 22:34-40
- Jesus teaches us about riches - Matthew 6:19-21,19:16-22
- Jesus is born - Matthew 1:1-16, Luke 1:26-33
- The king's visitors - Matthew 2:1-6
- Jesus, the greatest king ever - Matthew 2:1-15
About the Author
Stephanie Carmichael is a trained teacher with a long experience of Sunday Schools. Her seminars on Sunday School teaching and ministry to children have been enthusiastically received in venues across Sydney. She is married to Ian, and they live in Sydney with their children Lauren and Glen.