The Reason for God: Conversations on Faith and Life [DVD]
"The six sessions are not monologues in which Keller presents the ideas in the book. Instead he takes six common objections to Christianity and debates them with a group of unbelievers. Each session in about 18-20 minutes long. Keller gets perhaps a quarter of the air time. So these videos do not attempt to deliver knock-down arguments. The participants are not persuaded by the end of each session. Instead, each movie opens a discussion which includes a positive and engaging Christian perspective, but without this perspective dominating the debate. Keller does finish each session with a closing thought. This usually follows - as do many of his interventions - a presuppositional apologetic line. In other words, he turns the discussion back on the doubters to reveal the nature of their 'faith' and show the assumptions in their presuppositions."See All
Limited Stock Title: This is a ‘Last Chance’ title. Once we run out of stock this title will no longer be available on our site. It is therefore non-returnable. In the event we are not able to fulfill this part of your order it will be canceled automatically. The remainder of your order will ship according to our regular schedule.
Designed for use with
The Reason for God Discussion Guide
Captured live and unscripted, pastor and author Timothy Keller meets with a group of people over six sessions to address their doubts and objections to Christianity. Using literature, philosophy, real-life experiences, and the Bible, Keller and the group explore the truth of Christianity.
- Discussion 1. Isn't the Bible a Myth? Hasn't Science Disproved Christianity?
- Discussion 2. How Can You Say There Is Only One Way to God? What About Other Religions?
- Discussion 3. What Gives You the Right to Tell Me How to Live My Life? Why Are There So Many Rules?
- Discussion 4. Why Does God Allow Suffering? Why Is There So Much Evil in the World?
- Discussion 5. Why Is the Church Responsible for So Much Injustice? Why Are Christians Such Hypocrites?
- Discussion 6. How Can God Be Full of Love and Wrath at the Same Time? How Can God Send Good People to Hell?
6 Sessions in 2 Hours
Published November 2010
About the Author
Timothy Keller is senior pastor at Redeemer Presbyterian Church, Manhattan: and New York Times bestselling author of The Reason for God. He is also author of Counterfeit Gods and The Prodigal God book, film, and discussion guide.