Work of Christ: What the Events of Jesus' Life Mean for You
Sproul, R. C.
Limited Stock Title: This is a ‘Last Chance’ title. Once we run out of stock this title will no longer be available on our site. It is therefore non-returnable. In the event we are not able to fulfill this part of your order it will be canceled automatically. The remainder of your order will ship according to our regular schedule.
"The work of Jesus reveals to us who He is. The work and the person may be distinguished but never separated."--Dr. R. C. Sproul
Most Christians recognize the importance of Christ's death and resurrection. But how many of us understand the theological significance of Jesus' actions before and after the Crucifixion? In The Work of Christ, Dr. R. C. Sproul looks at every aspect of Jesus' life and work, addressing such life-changing topics as:
- Why Jesus' baptism is relevant for our salvation
- The similarities and differences between the temptation of the first Adam and the temptation of Jesus, the "second Adam"
- How God uses song to celebrate his redemptive acts
- Why the Last Supper marks the beginning of a greater exodus than that of the Old Testament
- How Jesus' death and resurrection are grounded in the eternal covenant among the persons of the Trinity
- Why Jesus' ascension makes a difference in our lives today
- What we know and don't know about Jesus' return
Moving from Jesus' existence from before creation through His incarnation, boyhood, adulthood, death, resurrection, and return, Dr. Sproul guides you to a deeper understanding of God's beautiful promise and purpose behind the works of Christ's life.
Published June 2012
About the Author
Dr. Sproul serves as the senior minister of Saint Andrew’s. He is recognized throughout the church for his articulate defense of the holiness of God, divine sovereignty, and other essential doctrines of the Christian faith. Dr. Sproul holds degrees from Westminster College, Pittsburgh Theological Seminary, and the Free University of Amsterdam, and his teaching can be heard on the program Renewing Your Mind, which is available on hundreds of radio outlets in the United States and worldwide. Dr. Sproul also serves as the founder and president of Ligonier Ministries, president of Ligonier Academy of Biblical and Theological Studies, and he has written over seventy books, including Defending Your Faith, Abortion: A Rational Look at an Emotional Issue, The Truth of the Cross, Truths We Confess, and commentaries on John, Romans, Acts, and 1-2 Peter in the Saint Andrew’s Expositional Commentary series.