"The book of Proverbs is a gold mine of divine wisdom, and Lydia Brownback applies that wisdom in very practical ways to the issues women face. This is one of those books that should be studied more than simply read, and I can see it as a valuable resource for women’s Bible studies."
- Jerry Bridges, author, The Pursuit of Holiness
"If only we could pull up a chair across from the purple-linen-wearing Proverbs 31 woman to observe her inner strength, listen to her confident laughter, admire her reverent fear, and absorb her wise ways. That’s what readers get to do through the pages of A Woman’s Wisdom as we’re invited to saturate ourselves in the source of true wisdom—the Scriptures—where we find what we need for living in a world full of distractions, decisions, dilemmas, disappointments, and delights. This book lends itself to quiet mornings of reflection on your own as well as vigorous discussions with a group of good friends."
- Nancy Guthrie, Bible Teacher; author, Seeing Jesus in the Old Testament Bible Study Series
"In a day when we’re often inclined to settle for helpful hints or pious platitudes, this book points us to the source of that rare commodity, true wisdom. Lydia Brownback has the depth of insight and the lightness of touch needed to make the book of Proverbs come alive for her readers. If your heart yearns for a solid place to stand in the shifting currents of your everyday life, you will find a sure guide and refreshing stream of truth here."
- Liam Goligher, Senior Minister, Tenth Presbyterian Church, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
"Halfway through the first chapter, I thought, ‘My wife would love this book.’ Halfway through the book, I thought, ‘I love this book!’ My reasons are manifold: Lydia Brownback’s study of Proverbs is biblical, practical, straight-forward, convicting, instructive, transformative, and Christ-centered. With wisdom, wit, and carefully crafted sentences, Lydia Brownback’s study of Proverbs helps women (and men!) to rest in the source of all wisdom, Jesus. See if you might ‘love’ the book as well."
- Douglas Sean O’Donnell, Senior Pastor, New Covenant Church, Naperville, IL; author of God’s Lyrics, The Beginning and End of Wisdom
"The beauty of proverbs is that, by their very nature, they are timeless and ageless. The smallest child can memorize and apply them on a surface level while the oldest adult can meditate on them and apply them over a lifetime. In this wonderful book, Lydia Brownback applies the proverbs to today’s Christian woman. With equal parts sound interpretation and heartfelt application, this book offers that same timeless, ageless wisdom to a new generation of women."
- Tim and Aileen Challies, Grace Fellowship Church, Toronto, Ontario; Tim blogs at Challies.com
"From the wisdom of Proverbs, Lydia Brownback draws wise and ever so practical applications for women. Her clear and consistent call is to embrace the full wisdom of God given to us in Christ."
- Kathleen Nielson, Director of Women's Initiatives, The Gospel Coalition; author and speaker, Living Word Bible studies and Bible Study: Following the Ways of the Word
"Lydia Brownback has provided women with an excellent resource for unlocking the wisdom of Proverbs."
- Josh Moody, Senior Pastor, College Church, Wheaton, Illinois; author, The God-Centered Life: Insights from Jonathan Edwards
"It is so refreshing to read a book that handles the kinds of things that every woman will face from one single perspective; the stunning wisdom of God. Too often books like this start with cultural assumptions that only serve to weaken their effectiveness in the end. It is only God’s wisdom that can help us navigate the pressures and insanities of the surrounding culture and teach us the freedom of being what we were created to be and living as we were created to live. Read and experience how God’s wisdom is eloquent and transcendent while being concrete and practical at the same time."
- Paul David Tripp, President, Paul Tripp Ministries; author, What Did You Expect?: Redeeming the Realities of Marriage