Think about heaven much?
"Set your minds on things that are above." So urged the Apostle Paul. Christians ought to think about heaven as those who long for it and who are destined for it.
So... Why don't we?
Why do we struggle to set our sights on the world to come?
- Could it be... we doubt we'll get there?
- Could it be... we suspect that heaven will be dull?
- Could it be... we're obsessed with the past, and can't face the future?
- Could it be... we haven't come to grips with the shortness of earthly life?
In Setting Our Sights on Heaven, Paul Wolfe brings out the Bible’s teaching about heaven, addressing the various factors that tend to push heaven out of our minds and the gospel remedies that help us push it back to where it belongs.
Includes a Foreword by Sinclair B. Ferguson
About the Author
Paul D. Wolfe serves as Associate Pastor of New Hope Presbyterian Church in Fairfax, Virginia, where he lives with his wife Christy and their three children. Paul is also the author of My God is True!: Lessons Learned Along Cancer's Dark Road.
Publisher: Banner of Truth
Publication Date: October 2011
ISBN 13: 9781848711433
"It is rare to find a book like this one . . . It is biblical, and full of helpful meditation. It is practical and has a ring of both truth and life. It is wonderfully simple in the best sense, clear and fresh like the water of a mountain stream."
- Sinclair B. Ferguson, Distinguished Visiting Professor of Systematic Theology, Westminster Theological Seminary
"Wolfe is two for two. He is not a one-book wonder. He tackles the question of heaven in a down-to-earth fashion that steers clear of the sentimentalism and vague theology so often associated with the subject. This book helps me not only to fulfil my pastoral duty in preparing my people for death but, more importantly, to prepare myself. I am more interested in going to heaven now having read this book!"
- Alistair Begg, Parkside Church, Chagrin Falls, OH