Comforting Hearts, Teaching Minds: Family Devotions Based on the Heidelberg Catechism
“I am always eager for new resources on the Heidelberg Catechism. I hope Starr Meade’s latest contribution reaches a wide audience, leading more and more families to get acquainted with Heidelberg and to think to themselves, ‘Where has this been all my life?!’”See All
Senior Pastor, University Reformed Church, Lansing, MI, author, The Good News We Almost Forgot: Rediscovering the Gospel in a 16th Century Catechism
Q. How do you have meaningful family devotions that memorably cover the scope of Christian belief?
A. Traditionally, by using a catechism!
One of the church’s most acclaimed and best beloved catechisms is the Heidelberg Catechism. Now teaching its comforts to children has never been easier. This book of daily readings ...
- provides a year—or more— of family devotions.
- aids study by devoting six to twelve days to the questions of each Lord's Day section.
- explains the catechism in simple language.
- provides six to twelve meditations on the main points of each section.
- takes just a few minutes each day, allowing time for discussion and review.
- is useful in the home, church, or classroom.