Four Holy Gospels (with Original Art by Makoto Fujimura) (Cloth Over Board)
- Orders shipped to a U.S. address will be drop-shipped directly from Crossway Publishers. Though we offer same-day shipping for all orders placed before 3 p.m., there will be a small delay on case quantities. Sales Tax Note: we are required to charge sales tax on this item for shipments to CA, GA, KY, WA, LA, NJ, MI, RI, MA, NC, TN, IL, OH, or PA.
- Orders shipped to a Canadian address will be take up to 5 days to process.
The Four Holy Gospels is an exquisitely designed and produced edition of the four canonical Gospels in the English Standard Version, published in commemoration of the 400th anniversary of the King James Version (KJV) Bible in 1611.
The Four Holy Gospels features newly commissioned original paintings representing the four Gospel Evangelists, illuminated initial letters, and other embellishments and design elements, printed in full color throughout and on high-quality art paper. The text of the Gospels is reproduced in a highly readable, large font; ideally suited for public reading, liturgical use, and as a family heirloom.
The artist commissioned for the project is Makoto Fujimura, a devout Christian, and one of the most highly-regarded artists of the twenty-first century. He is the founder of the International Arts Movement and has served on the National Council for the Arts. His art is on display at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Tokyo, as well as a number of art museums in the US. A premiere exhibition of the art created for The Four Holy Gospels is planned for December of 2010, at the Dillon Gallery in New York City.
The Four Holy Gospels stands in the historic stream of the beautifully hand-illuminated editions of the Gospels created many centuries ago. This exquisite and unique modern edition carries on a classic tradition, beautifully combining the words of the Gospels and original art, inspired by the text, and brilliantly executed for the glory of God.
- Size: 10.75" x 16"
- 13.25-point type
- 168 pages
- Double-column, paragraph format
- Black letter text
- Newly-commissioned, full-color artworks by renowned artist Makoto Fujimura
- Full-page, full-color art piece for each Gospel;
- Illuminated letters to begin each chapter, and hand embellishments by the artist on every page
- Printed on highest quality art paper
- Housed in a permanent slip case Smyth-sewn binding
Published January 2011